- Clarity, color stability, and functional integrity after sterilization
- Outstanding chemical resistance to lipids, IPA, disinfecting agents, and bonding solvents and adhesives
Opaque formulations of Tritan
- Excellent functionality and reliability for device housings
- Compatibility with aggressive disinfection and the daily impact stresses that come with greater portability
- Color and functionality following sterilization with gamma and e-beam irradiation
- Reliable color matching
- Flame-retardant properties (Tritan MXF121 copolyester)
- Fire retardant—UL 94 V-2 rating @ 1.5 mm
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and lipids
- Meets hospital Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) guidelines—made without halogens or ortho-phthalate plasticizers
- Clear and opaque formulations—color matching available
- Excellent durability—high impact strength and toughness
- Fast cycle times
Check out the Tritan Medical Toolkit to learn more about the advantages of Tritan for different molded parts.
We’re excited to share our industry-leading products and technical expertise at Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) West next month in Anaheim, California. We hope to see you there!
Tuesday, February 5, 11:45 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 212AB
Uncovering medical device failure modes and infection transmission pathways to inform better material testing methods, selection, and design: A panel discussion
Wednesday, February 6, 11:45 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 212AB
Meet one on one with members of our medical device and packaging teams at these sessions:
Thermoplastic Elastomer Powder and Its Benefits in Printing Medical Devices
Thursday, February 7, 9:15–10:00 a.m., 208B, Carolin Vogel
Choosing the Right Polymers for Superior Manufacturing and Durability: What Hospitals Measure
Thursday, February 7, 10:15–11:00 a.m., Ellen Turner, Thomas Meehan
Eastman将参展 Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) West, Feb. 7–9, in Anaheim, California. Join us!
Visit our booth to speak one on one with an Eastman representative. Members of our medical devices team, including Ellen Turner, global market development manager, and Thomas Meehan, specialty plastics technical support, will be on hand to discuss plastic testing, selection, and design. Or attend one of our Lunch and Learn events to learn more about advancements in rigid medical packaging and medical devices.
Check out the conference schedule to start planning your time at MDMW 2019 today. We hope to see you there!
Educating product managers about the attributes of different plastics can help better shape brand positioning. For example, cracks and crazes can lead to pooling of aggressive disinfectants and leakage into the sensitive electronics that make the device function. Choosing a more chemically resistant polymer prevents this by strengthening device durability and reducing maintenance time. As a result, the working life of the device increases and maintenance and replacement costs go down.
With this information, the product manager can position the brand as being resistant to the physical handling or moving of devices despite more frequent cleaning and use of harsh disinfectants. They can present brand devices as having a longer service life, keeping their "new" look longer, and being more durable. This positioning can also be used by hospitals and clinics, which can improve their image by purchasing more durable equipment that looks better because it is better.
By choosing materials with better quality and performance, manufacturers can help product managers position the brand as having those qualities as well.
- 与您的供应商合作： 与材料供应商在材料选择、测试、零件和模具设计审查以及二次加工方面开展合作可以让质量工程师获得他们可能不具备的知识和资源。
- Test your materials: Find a testing method that helps you choose the best plastic for your project. Eastman’s 4-step test for chemical resistance, for example, helps predict the reliability of a material after exposure to harsh cleaners and drugs commonly used in hospital settings.
Understanding the root causes of failures and working with industry experts to make better material choices can help quality engineers improve device design, have a more successful product launch, and save on costs.